- Speech perception
- Speech-in-noise testing
- Self-administered hearing tests
- Genetic issues
- Early identification – novel techniques and methods
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Speech and language development
- Listening effort
- Cognitive decline
- Quality of life and hearing loss
- Computational Audiology
- e- and m-health solutions
- Auditory modelling
- Auditory Neuroscience
- Artificial Intelligence applications
- Data-driven hearing models
- Effects of occupational and recreational noise
- Amplification – technologies and strategies
- Implantable devices
- Auditory training
- Improving Hearing Care and Services
- Remote Care Solutions
- Intervention and Rehabilitation: strategies and methods
- Other (please specify)
Online submission system opens: September 4th, 2023
Deadline for abstract submission: February 5th, 2024
Notification of acceptance: March 4th, 2024
Early fee & deadline for presenters’ registration: March 31st, 2024
Modes of presentation
The Scientific Committee will consider the authors’ indication but reserves the right to decide the final allocation to a particular theme or session and whether the presentation should be delivered orally or as a poster.
To send your abstract you will have to access the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM: abstracts sent by fax or mail will not be considered.
- Abstracts should only be submitted online
- The deadline for abstract submission is February 5th, 2024
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Keywords: please list 3-5 keywords at the bottom of your abstract.
- Abstracts may not have more than 700 words.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster. The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After sending your abstract, you will receive an email with your userID and you abstract ID (PIN code) in case you want to access the system again to check your submission.
Once the abstract has been sent it cannot be modified any more. Authors are responsible for verifying that all information sent is correct, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the Conference Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent via email to the corresponding author only by March 4th, 2024.
A tip for a correct submission: after uploading your word file with the abstract text, you have to click on the button “NEXT” >> the page will now show the information you just digited.
Check the information and then click on “Check Abstract Status” at the bottom right of the page.
A pop-up will open with your complete abstract (digited info + text) >> scroll down until you will find another button: “I approve my submission” >> click on that.
The pop-up will close, and now you will see again the “Abstract preview”: click on the button “Confirm and submit” to complete the procedure. A message with “Abstract submission completed” will appear.
At least one author per presented abstract is requested to register at the HEAL 2024 Conference bu March 31st, 2024.
Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper. Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if you wish to make any other changes (different presenter or change from oral to poster), so that the programme can be amended accordingly.
We recommend authors register through the same link used to submit their paper:
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file . Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.
LAST UPDATE: 18 October 2023